The Adventures of the Prophetic Scribe

This is the online journal of the Prophetic Scribe. It is the chronology of a Christian poet's adventures on the road to holiness. Join in the dialogue as she shares her experiences and observations about life in the world from the perspective of a Christian woman of God. The purpose of the Prophetic Scribe is to reveal his love and truth through poetry, ministry, education and encouragement for God's purpose and glory.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm fearless, courageous, adventurous, creative, and prophetic. I strive to live in holiness and obedience to God. I seek to please God, and fulfill the purpose for my life according to His will. I'm here to share the GIFT OF GRACE with those who need deliverance from the worries and issues of this world that are keeping them from living in the abundance of God's Grace. I pray that the information you find here is a blessing to your life.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

What part of the body are you?


A mentor once gave us an exercise to spiritually discern what part of the body we represent in the body of Christ. I cannot even remember what my response was, but today I was reminded of that exercise when my husband said, “I was thinking about you today. I was thinking about how you are like an artery. You need to constantly be filled in order to effectively pump blood to other parts of the body.” He described himself as a fingertip because of his diligence to work with his hands to complete his task. He’s a web master, designer and artist. I thought about how if you sever an artery, the blood loss is so rapid that the body dies quickly. Looking at myself in this way helped me to see how important I am to the Body of Christ. When I am fed through the Word of God, Worship and even fellowship with other God-fearing Christians like I was today in Sunday School and Worship Service, I have more to pour into that young sister that had never heard the story of Esther before I associated her gift for beautification with the process Esther went through before being brought before the King. I pray that I piqued her curiosity enough to make her want to read the story for herself. She had never heard of the Book of Esther, but there she was sitting in church. I pray she got what she came for and I thank God for extending me to her.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger A Scribe of the Lord, a Scribe for the Lord said...

Thanks for posting. It is something to think about. I'm visioning now which part of the body I am, praise God.

Blessings!

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home