The Adventures of the Prophetic Scribe

This is the online journal of the Prophetic Scribe. It is the chronology of a Christian poet's adventures on the road to holiness. Join in the dialogue as she shares her experiences and observations about life in the world from the perspective of a Christian woman of God. The purpose of the Prophetic Scribe is to reveal his love and truth through poetry, ministry, education and encouragement for God's purpose and glory.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm fearless, courageous, adventurous, creative, and prophetic. I strive to live in holiness and obedience to God. I seek to please God, and fulfill the purpose for my life according to His will. I'm here to share the GIFT OF GRACE with those who need deliverance from the worries and issues of this world that are keeping them from living in the abundance of God's Grace. I pray that the information you find here is a blessing to your life.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Dance - Donated to the Las Vegas Center for the Arts


The Dance

Lights, Camera, Action!
I AM Center Stage
In front of a sea
of expectant faces…
that are waiting
for my next move.
Bright lights blinding;
Palms Sweating;
Knees Shaking.
Take a Deep Breath.
Greater is He who is in me
than He who is in the world.
Don’t be afraid of their faces.
I AM is with you.
Music begins.
Body kicks into autopilot.
Arms outstretched like wings
Taking flight.
Overcoming fright
I AM flying.
I AM masterful.
I AM poetry in motion.
I AM free.
It really doesn’t matter
What they think about me.
I’m pleasing the One
That they cannot see.
Twirling, Leaping, and Soaring like a bird…
Then, the music stops.
I AM in mid-flight.
The sounds of
Clapping, Whistles, and Shouts
From the audience
Bring me back down to earth
From heavenly places.
Taking a graceful bow
To my audience of One
I AM is pleased.

© Jan. 22, 2009 Arletia McInnis

1 Comments:

Blogger Yevette said...

This collage & poem are simply beautiful.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home